Friday, March 02, 2007

MUSIC: Beyonce, Shakira, Ciara Music Videos

Beyonce & Shakira "Beautiful Liar"
The video shows them acting like the mirror of each other, like they're one in the same. I personally think that Beyonce is just trying to prove that she can do all the dance moves that Shakira can do and that she's not that impressive...which is a tad petty.




Beyonce "Upgrade"
I loved this song since the first time I heard it, just because of the beats. This video is funny because for the first half she not only says Jay-Z's parts, but she pretends to be him.



Ciara "Like A Boy"
This was actually my favorite song off of Ciara's new album and I'm glad she went so far as to dress in drag. But the coolest and juiciest part of this video is the fact that she doesn't just wear a wife beater and baggy jeans, she has corn rows and tatoos on her arms...interesting...just like Bow Wow. Maybe she felt compelled to release this single since he had the balls to release "Outta My System," a song that suggests that he's still in love with her. Especially from the last words in the video: "If I could, I would turn back the hands of time and correct all my mistakes that I ever did. But now I guess I gotta move on right? It’s still hard and I still love you till this day."

No comments:

Post a Comment