Thursday, June 21, 2007

MUSIC: New Album Releases - 6/19/07



The Polyphonic Spree The Fragile Army
This is the first year I've heard of this band, but after previewing the album, I'd recommend: "Younger Yesterday" and "We Crawl."





White Stripes Icky Thump
You've got to check out: "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)," "Catch Hell Blues," and the title track. I don't remember this band being so infused with blues guitars. Half of it is like what it would sound like if a rock star went on a sojourn through the old west, while the other half is like death metal that borders on My Chemical Romance and Korn.

Also released this week:
Bon Jovi Lost Highway, which--if you LOVE Bon Jovi--will probably sound great.
Mandy Moore Wild Hope
I tried my very hardest to endure listening to every track, but I've come to terms with the fact that I prefer Mandy the actress over Mandy the "song writer."

No comments:

Post a Comment