Friday, March 21, 2008

CAST WHO?: "Kick-Ass" Comic Adaptation


Mark Millar, the creator of the upcoming action comic Wanted, will get another one of his comics, Kick-Ass, adapted for the big screen by Matthew Vaughn (Stardust and Layer Cake). No worries. For those of you that are fans of the comic, he promises that this one will be more faithful to the text than Wanted. For those of you who never heard of it, it's about a teenager who decides to dress up like a superhero and fight crime after his mother dies from an aneurysm. But unlike Spiderman, he wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider, and unlike Superman, he does not have hidden super strength. No, no. He gets his ass beat regularly by all of his opponents, and I don't mean a black eye. I'm talking violence of the stabbing nature.

So who do you think should play Kick-Ass? I favor Michael Cera for the role. When I hear non-athletic comic geek, I think Cera.



No comments:

Post a Comment