Monday, May 12, 2008

ALBUM REVIEW: Gavin DeGraw's "Chariot" & Clay Aiken "On My Way"

Gavin DeGraw's third album is a pop country blues-infused soundtrack for romantic entanglements. One track, "Next to me," sounds like a mixture of Panic at the Disco and Jason Mraz--but with bad rhyming. Nonetheless, fans of Chariot will not be disappointed in this self-titled release. It has the same topics (alcoholism, pot-smoking, love, etc.), the ingenious manipulation of instruments, and Gavin's raspy voice. Download these for maximum enjoyment:
+ "In Love with a Girl": The guitar and drums are reason enough to love this track.
+ "I Have You to Thank": It's a live rendition, but he still manages to sing it beautifully.


For Clay Aiken's third album in 5 years, On My Way Here, the "American Idol" alum threw in a little rock and roll/country for the track "Ashes," and an homage to his Broadway days for "The Real Me." I recommend:
+ "On My Way Here"
+ "Ashes"

No comments:

Post a Comment