Wednesday, December 31, 2008

TOP 20 MUSIC VIDEOS of 2008

Here are my favorite artistic videos of the year in artist alphabetical order with brief descriptions of why I like them:

1. “SuperwomanAlicia Keys: Inspires young women everywhere
2. “Teenage Love Affair Alicia Keys: An entire movie in less 5 minutes
3. “Gives You HellAll-American Rejects: Tyson Ritter pulls off two roles
4. “Outta My HeadAshlee Simpson: Surrealism with a side of truth
5. "Universal Mind Control" Common feat. Pharrell: Futuristic graphic designs
6. “Beat ItFall Out Boy: A comedic homage to the former King of Pop
7. “I Don’t CareFall Out Boy: Pranks galore
8. “HomecomingKanye West: Wonderful silhouettes
9. “4 MinutesMadonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland: Great special effects
10. “Touch My BodyMariah Carey: Jack McBrayer is hilarious
11. “Everyone Nose” Remix N.E.R.D feat. Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Pharrell, and Pusha T: Old school 80s video games background
12. “My Drive ThruN.E.R.D., Santogold, & Julian Casablancas: Pop-ups
13. “CloserNe-yo: Monochromatic synchronization
14. "When I Grow Up" Pussycat Dolls: Great dance sequence
15. “CobrastyleRobyn: A not-so-simple game of strip poker
16. “L.E.S. ArtistesSantogold: An homage to Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain"
17. "I Decided" Solange: Visually astounding and a juicy throwback to the 70s
18. “Google MeTeyana Taylor: It’s exactly what a Myspace star’s video would look like.
19. “Coconut Juice Tyga: Pete Wentz is beyond funny in this.
20. “Love in this clubUsher feat. Young Jeezy: Smooth dance sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment