Check out the new characters on some of your favorite shows:
• Robert Buckley ("Lipstick Jungle") scored a new gig on "One Tree Hill" after having bum luck with the recently canceled "Privileged." He'll try his hat at a role that doesn't only require him to be smolderingly sexy. Instead he'll play Clayton, a brash young sports agent who represents Nathan. He becomes a "close friend, ally, business partner and advisor to him while also enjoying the spoils that come from being a wealthy, handsome single guy." With all the ladies paired off in the series, the only possible hook-up option would be Haylie's little sister who's moving back to Tree Hill. This could get interesting. Finally, some fresh faces.
• Ray Park (Toad in X-Men) and Deanne Bray (Canadian series "Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye") are joining "Heroes" next season.
• Next season, there'll be a new character on "The Mentalist." Agent Sam Glenn joins them to head up the division handling the Red John investigation. Unfortunately, he's the only one who doesn't find Peter Jane amusing. He's also Lisbon's onetime mentor and ex-lover. Finally, Jane will have some competition.
• Now that Kirk Acevedo's character Charlie has been cut from "Fringe," they're looking for a new female agent to replace him. Naturally, how else will they stir up some sexual tension between Olivia and Peter if not by adding some competition?
• For those of you who love "Bones," you won't believe what I'm hearing. According to the exec producer, "Booth's problem isn't remembering who Brennan is, it's remembering which Brennan she is." Apparently, he might be mistaking her for his wife, which is what she played in the alternate universe season finale episode. Technically, that makes her a new character...to him at least. lol