Tuesday, July 07, 2009

TRAILER: Diablo Cody's "Jennifer's Body": Megan Fox & Amanda Seyfried

I don't know which is funnier: the fact that after watching this film no boy will go within ten feet of Megan Fox or the fact that she's about to make Hayden Paneittere's attempt to go nude to sell tickets for I Love Beth Cooper look like she's unveiling her My Little Pony collection.

Diablo Cody follows up her heartwarming, hipster, romantic dramedy Juno with a horror comedy called Jennifer's Body. It's about a popular girl (Fox) who is possessed by a demon. She uses her sexuality to lure all types of boys to their doom. Who will stop her? Well, why her nerdy friend of course? And by nerdy I mean the equally unattainable Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia), covered up in hoodies and thick-rimmed glasses in an attempt to seem as average as Ellen Page. Uhhh, yeah fucking right! Luckily there are some funny boys, Adam Brody ("The O.C.") and Johnny Simmons (Hotel for Dogs and The Spirit) in the film to fill in where the ladies falter. However, Cody knows how to deliver on the funny, so really there are no worries there.

But will we watch is the question? I dunno. I really thought I'd be interested in watching boys being butchered alive for being horny perverts, but...not so much. You?

1 comment:

  1. I'll probably see it at the $1 show if it plays there. But you never know, I might do something unexpected and see it opening weekend. If I do, it will be mostly to support a female written, directed and starring film. Sadly, that combo doesn't happen that often.

    www.reelartsy.com

    ReplyDelete