Sunday, February 28, 2010

FILM TOPIC: The ending of Robert Pattinson's "Remember Me"


I often use MovieSpoiler.com to find out the ending of films I don't think are worth paying for or are too scary to watch. But every now and then, when I read an awesome ending, I decide to watch the film. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. Does knowing the ending of a film dissuade you from wanting to see it? I mean, everybody knows the ending to iconic films like Titanic, Star Wars, and Psycho, but they're still watched generation after generation.

This weekend, Perez Hilton revealed the ending to Robert Pattinson's latest indie Remember Me. The film is being promoted as a drama about young lovers "whose newfound relationship is threatened as they try to cope with their respective family tragedies." However, the trailer (and the movie itself) never indicates that the film is set in 2001. While normally that wouldn't be a big deal, it's actually a major plot detail, considering the tragic ending. According to Perez:
"In the final moments of the film, Robert Pattinson's character has a fight with his girlfriend, played by Emilie de Ravin. He leaves to go to his father's office and when he arrives, he rides the elevator up to the 92nd-floor. As he waits for his father, he looks out the window and helplessly watches American Airlines Flight 11 hit the building, and dies in what is now known as 9/11."
Now tell me, don't you really want to see it now? I know, I know. 9/11 films don't have the greatest track record in theaters (or even on DVD). But as twists go, that's pretty epic. Since the film hits theaters March 12, I wonder how it will affect attendance.

Were you interested in seeing it before? Are you more interested in seeing it now or less?

No comments:

Post a Comment