Saturday, May 29, 2010

MUSIC: The Dead Weather's "The Difference Between Us"

Jack White gets around. I can hardly keep up with all the bands he's a member of and I'm not a fan of all of 'em either. But I gave The Dead Weather's latest album Sea of Cowards a listen. Keeping an open mind, I settled on "The Difference Between Us" as the track that would appeal to the masses, especially since it starts with a slower version of the notes that start off Miley Cyrus's "Fly on the Wall." lol

Plus, I'm feeling the lyrics, especially the part where she croons:
"Let's go when no one can see us / And find the difference between us / You can cry like a baby / Just let me do what I need to / It might be to me or to you / Just let me do what I need to"
Sounds like Alison Mosshart of The Kills is trying to seduce someone...to a Miley Cyrus song. I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I just like how coy the sexual innuendo is.

No comments:

Post a Comment