Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TRAILER: Gilchrist & Galifianakis's "It's Kind of a Funny Story" Adaptation

Plot: A clinically depressed teenager (Gilchrist) gets a new start after he checks himself into an adult psychiatric ward. Based on the young-adult novel by Ned Vizzini.

Cast: Keir Gilchrist ("United States of Tara"), Zach Galifianakis, Lauren Graham ("Parenthood"), Emma Roberts (Hotel for Dogs), Viola Davis (Doubt), Jeremy Davies ("Lost"), comedian Jim Gaffigan ("My Boys"), and Zoe Kravitz

Verdict: Gilchrist is actually my favorite part of watching "Tara." It's hard to blink during his zero-to-crazy emotional breakdowns and strikingly convincing portrayal of gay teen angst. So I was excited when I saw him in this trailer, and then I was ecstatic when I realized that it was basically a dark comedy with heart. My only hope is that it's nothing like Sandra Bullock's rehab drama 28 Days. I wanted to commit myself after that depress-fest.


Release Date: Sept. 24

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god I love this book!!! I had no idea they were making a movie you have no idea how excited this makes me!! THANK YOU for posting it!

    ReplyDelete