Wednesday, November 10, 2010

TRAILER: Vince Vaughn & Kevin James's "The Dilemma"

PLOT: A man (Vaughn) discovers that his best friend's (James) wife (Ryder) is having an affair.

DIRECTOR: Ron Howard / WRITER: Allan Loeb (The Switch)

CAST: Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Winona Ryder, Jennifer Connelly, Channing Tatum, Queen Latifah

VERDICT: I've never enjoyed watching films that have all the ingredients for a romance but isn't actually about one. Vaughn has already starred in one of those, The Break-Up, and this is another one. At first glance, you'd think it was a comedy about marriage, but it's actually a buddy comedy about bro code. What is the protocol for accidentally spotting your bro's wife committing adultery? And what do you do when said wife threatens to ruin your friendship so that your bro never believes you? Cue the humiliating and nerve-wracking scenarios that lead to wily physical comedy. Maybe it's just me, because I hate argumentative confrontation, but I think I'll wait to see it on cable. It's one thing when the biting words dissolve into a romance, like 10 Things I Hate About You and One Fine Day, but I've never been one to enjoy watching two people emotionally destroy each other. However, I do like that Ryder's getting more work and that Tatum is stepping out of his action-dude comfort zone for a little comedic cameo.


Release Date: Jan. 14

No comments:

Post a Comment