Sunday, February 13, 2011

TRAILER: Josh Radnor & Kate Mara's "Happythankyoumoreplease"

PLOT: Captures a generational moment — young people on the cusp of truly growing up, tiring of their reflexive cynicism, each in their own ways struggling to connect and define what it means to love and be loved.

CAST: Josh Radnor ("How I Met Your Mother"), Kate Mara (127 Hours), Malin Akerman (Watchmen), Tony Hale ("Arrested Development"), Zoe Kazan ("Bored to Death" and It's Complicated), Bram Barouh, Michael Algieri, Richard Jenkins

VERDICT: When I heard that Radnor was directing and writing an indie, I, like many other doubters, didn't think the sitcom star had what it took to construct a memorable indie. Many actors have tried and failed. But I have a good feeling about this one. I don't know if it's Mara's sweet smile, the precocious little kid, or finally getting to see Hale as something more than a one-joke comedian, but I might actually go to the theater and throw down $13 for this...I just have to figure out how I'm going to ignore the eyebrow-less Akerman inexplicably rocking an African turban.

Release Date: March 4 (limited)t

No comments:

Post a Comment