Friday, April 08, 2011

TRAILER: Jessica Alba & Chris Messina's "An Invisible Sign"

PLOT: Mona Gray (Alba) is a 20-year-old loner who, as a child, turned to math for salvation after her father became ill. As an adult, Mona now teaches the subject and must help her students through their own crises.

CAST: Jessica Alba, Chris Messina (Julie & Julia and Away We Go), Bailee Madison (Just Go With It), J.K. Simmons, Sonia Braga, John Shea

VERDICT: This is basically the story of how a girl grows up...incredibly slow, because of a childhood trauma where she lost her best friend, her dad. And on her path to grow up, she learns who she is, what she's meant to do, and how to fall in love. Very sweet. And very surprising that Alba can pull this off without sticking out like a sore thumb. I was pretty much sold the moment I saw Messina. That man can do no wrong ever since I saw him in Ira & Abby. Still debating whether I'll see it in theaters though. I know I'll have to bring boxes of tissues if I do.


Release Date: May 6

No comments:

Post a Comment