Friday, April 08, 2011

TRAILER: Will Ferrell's "Everything Must Go"

PLOT: When an alcoholic (Ferrell) relapses, causing him to lose his wife and his job, he holds a yard sale on his front lawn in an attempt to start over. A new neighbor (Hall) might be the key to his return to form.

CAST: Will Ferrell, Rebecca Hall, Michael Pena, Stephen Root, Christopher Jordan Wallace (the son of Notorious BIG and Faith Evans), Laura Dern

VERDICT: I really really really enjoy Will Ferrell when he brings his excitement level down from a 100% (Land of the Lost) to about 20% (Stranger Than Fiction). He goes from being an overgrown child to being a normal relatable human being. It's very much appreciated. His character in this indie, adapted from a short story by first-timer Dan Rush, reminds me of George Clooney in Up in the Air and Luke Wilson in Henry Poole is Here. But something tells me that Ferrell's character will be less depressing and more enlightening. Also, I'm very intrigued by the idea of the Notorious B.I.G.'s son becoming an actor. Have to see it to believe it. The only reason I'll probably watch this on DVD instead of at the Anjelika is because I'm not really a fan of Hall. Much like Michelle Monaghan and Carey Mulligan, she does nothing for me. She rarely looks like she has any life in her. She just looks bored.


Release Date: May 13 (limited)

No comments:

Post a Comment