Monday, July 25, 2011

TRAILER: Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man"

Plot: IMDb and Wikipedia didn't feel the need to provide a plot since this is a remake and we already know what happens. But in the event you were born after 2007 (and you read blogs), it's the origin story of a spider-enhanced superhero.
Cast: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Denis Leary, Irrfan Khan (Slumdog Millionaire)
Verdict: I don't really understand what all the secrecy is about with his parents, but I am sufficiently intrigued. Was he always meant to be a Spider-Man or is something else going on? The mystery is enticing, but the real reason I'm excited to see more of the film is because of the perspective shots. Sam Raimi did an amazing job of showing us Spider-Man swinging through the city skies, but I don't think he ever gave us videogame-like perspective shots. If you watch the last few seconds of the trailer, it's almost like you're Spider-Man. My friend said it was a little dizzying, but I thought it was awesome. In the past, we've seen what it was like to become Spider-Man but I think this time we'll learn what it's like to be him. And I think with the addition of Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) as the new director, the love story will be more bearable and fleshed out. My only qualm is with the fact that there are so many cooks in the kitchen screenwriting-wise. That never bodes well.

Release Date: July 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment