Thursday, December 15, 2011

CRUSHWORTHY: Kirk Acevedo from "Prime Suspect"

This year has blessed us with some seriously crushworthy guys. So to countdown the 25 days until Christmas, each day I'll put a spotlight on one actor we wish we could catch under the mistletoe. In this case, Santa rewards the naughty and nice.

{DAY 15} 
The Tough Guy // Kirk Acevedo
This 40-year-old Brooklynite wasn't very popular when he publicly berated "Fringe" writers for killing his character Charlie off in 2009. But after releasing an apology for his gruff reaction, he returned to the series, as it appears he would've anyway, to reprise his role in the alternate universe. 

Acevedo, however, didn't put all of his eggs in one basket again. While he still moonlights on the sci-fi thriller, he went out for pilot season and got cast in the short-lived NBC series "Prime Suspect" this year, where he played one of the misogynist cops.

I have to say 90% of Acevedo's appeal is his accent. He's practically an endangered species, preserved from the 90s. The other 10% is his deadpan delivery of smart ass lines. He was bred for police procedurals. Here's hoping he gets cast in another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment