Tuesday, April 08, 2008

MUSIC: Chris Brown's "Forever" vs. Usher's "Love in this Club'"

When I first heard Usher's "Love in this Club," I wasn't too keen on a slow beat club song, but then I saw the video and was reminded of why I love Usher so much. The boy. Can. Dance. Then I heard Chris Brown's "Forever" and realized the slow beat club song is one of the ways that the best dancers in the business get the best of both worlds: danceable beats and the opportunity to showcase their voices. Now the question is: Which song is better? The youngin's or the vet's?

I replayed Chris Brown's "Forever" about 4 times in a row. I'm not going to lie--it's catchy. But there's just one mistake: the line where he says "Double your pleasure/Double your fun." Yes, he just quoted the Doublemint gum commercial. But listen to see if you can overlook that:


Then there's Usher's "Love in this club" featuring Young Jeezy. As I said, it took me a while to get used to, and now I remember why. He wants to make love in the club. As in, "We're dancing so closely, I want to strip you right here." It's like he's helping guys pick up girls--all they have to do is request this song. However, us ladies have always been perfectly aware that you want to "make love in this club," but only a few--without integrity or good hygiene--would venture to the bathroom to grant your request. Ignore the message, watch the dance moves:


I think I'll make my choice when I see Chris' video.


No comments:

Post a Comment