Wednesday, June 25, 2008

FILM: Spoilers: Do or Don't?

Last month I felt guilty about inundating this site with "Gossip Girl" spoilers until a reader told me to keep it coming. And I did, but whenever I stumbled upon a movie secret, like for Sex and the City, I just skipped it. Then I read this article in EW about the spoiler culture: how they get out into the blogosphere, how producers use it as a marketing tool, and how some writers don't feel ashamed of spilling details as long as it serves the purpose of the critique.


But I've noticed one type of spoiler that has been popping up on gossip and celeb sites recently that I don't think is appropriate: set photos. While some are harmless, like the ones of Hayden Panettiere canoodling with Milo Ventimiglia on the set of "Heroes," there are some like the one below that are just a little too revealing.

Josh Duhamel ("Las Vegas") and Kristen Bell (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) are filming the rom-com When in Rome, where Bell plays a woman being pursued by several suitors (possibly Will Arnett, Jon Heder, and Dax Shepard) after she steals a coin from a Roman fountain. So it's safe to assume that she chooses Duhamel and they get married, and celebrate in a fountain. I mean, what are the chances that it's a dream sequence? Thanks a lot People.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment