Wednesday, June 25, 2008

TV: Nicole Richie on "Chuck"


A few hours ago I complained about the stunt casting of Mary Kate Olsen on "Samantha Who?" and now I'm reading that Nicole Richie--someone who is not even a real actress--is going to guest spot on "Chuck."

I know that the ratings on the NBC action comedy are pretty low--even though there's a cult following--but why Richie? Do they really think that the people who enjoy reading about her will become fans of the show? Wouldn't someone who's going to be in the new Star Trek movie or who's in "Battlestar Galactica" or even an actor from an old Bond movie--as a wink to old school espionage--make more sense?

I mean, the girl is 26 years old and she should have a real job by now. But is acting her calling? She's done a few guest spots, like when she performed as Brenda Reid, an African American, 60s rock singer from The Exciters, in "American Dreams." I give her props for actually singing, but there wasn't actually any acting going on. Then there was that one episode of "8 Simple Rules" that she did quite believably, as well as the not-so-great cheerleader role in 2005's Kids in America. But none of that amounts to a viable acting career.

At least we can take comfort in knowing that she's been cast as a bitchy bully from one of the characters' childhood. I hope it's Morgan and I hope she scarred him for life--forever making him want girls who aren't interested in him. Then I hope that Anna, his feisty Asian girlfriend, rips her a new one.

What do you think?

I just hope this trend of employing/whoring-out celebutards like MK ("Samantha Who?"), Britney Spears ("How I Met Your Mother"), Paris Hilton ("My Name is Earl"), Lindsay Lohan ("Ugly Betty"), and Lydia Hearst ("Gossip Girl"), won't spread any further. Or is that wish just a tad too late? Do I sense an outbreak? What's next? Kim Kardashian on "Friday Night Lights" as a football groopie or LC on "Pushing Daisies" flashing that 100-watt smile? The horror!


Update: It's possible that Richie will be fighting in the episode according to People mag, which would suggest that she used to bully Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment