Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THEATER: Addams Family hits Broadway


I just read that the Addams Family was being made into a Broadway musical and immediately I heard the theme song pop into my head.

They've already started casting and I'm pretty happy with their choices. Bebe Neuwirth (Lilith on "Frasier") will play Morticia, while Nathan Lane--practically a Broadway staple--might be cast as Gomez. Some people might not like the idea of an American playing a Spanish guy, but John Astin played him in the black-and-white TV version in the 60s, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Although, it might be hard to cast Wednesday and Uncle Fester. Christina Ricci will always be Wednesday to me. Oh! and not to mention, Lurch! Actually Doug Jones, who plays Abe Sapien in Hellboy, is pretty scrawny and tall, and Brad Garrett's ("Till Death") got the voice.

I'm excited! I would totally watch that play. It'll be on Broadway in the 2009-2010 season.


No comments:

Post a Comment