If you still find Vince Vaughn amusing and Reese Witherspoon cute, buy a ticket for their dysfunctional family, slapstick comedy Four Christmases, where they play a couple who have to attend four holiday celebrations to appease their divorced parents. Kiss that beach vacation goodbye and say hello to distant relatives, annoying siblings, and uncontrollable children.
If the holiday season has arrived too early for you and you're just in the mood for action, rush to the theater for Jason Statham's Transporter 3 and a bonafide excuse to see heads get bashed in.
If you're looking for an emotional biopic in the midst of the burdgeoning gay rights movement that is occurring this year, see Milk. The trailer alone moved me. (Side note: Matt Damon was originally supposed to play Josh Brolin's role, but then he had to do the film Green Zone.)
If you agree that Hugh Jackman is the sexiest man alive and are a fan of Baz Luhrman's romantic epics, snag a stub for Australia and get schooled on the history of a land rarely explored by the world.
If you haven't already seen Twilight, here's some trivia that might sway you:
• Stephenie Meyer originally wanted The Tudors' Henry Cavill to play Edward, but he was too old for the part, so they offered him the role of Carlisle, but he was already committed to the series.
• Robert Pattinson auditioned by doing the meadow love scene with Kirsten Stewart on director Catherine Hardwicke's bed.
• Emile Hirsch, who worked with Stewart on Into the Wild and Hardwicke on Lords of Dogtown, recommended Stewart for the role. And the only reason Pattinson auditioned is because he liked Stewart's performance in Into the Wild.
• Not only did the actors wear powdered makeup, but it was in their contracts that they had to stay out of the sunlight.
• This film had the highest debut gross ever ($70 mil) for a female director.
• Meyer appears at the forefront of a diner scene and she's also noted as saying that the only part of the books that was similar to her teen life was when Bella throws up in Science class because of all the blood.
• Edward catches the apple that Bella drops and cradles it in his hand for the sole purpose of imitating the cover of the book.