• There are rumors that Josh Bazell's novel Beat the Reaper is being picked up with Leonardo DiCaprio for the lead. The novel is about "a New York ER doctor living in the federal witness protection program who's recognized by a mobster from his former life as a hit man." That sounds like Jason Bourne minus the amnesia, which in turn sounds like a crapload of fun.
• Courtney Cox's upcoming comedy, "Cougars," isn't actually as campy (and lame) as it sounds. She'll play "a 40-year-old divorcee who decides to re-enter the dating scene now that her only son has graduated high school." According to EW's Ausiello, "Although Cox's character does have a fling with a young lad in the pilot, the series won't find her bedding a different Robert Buckley clone every week." The story is set in the suburbs of Florida, where a high school football team is dubbed the Cougars, hence the name.
• Apparently Josh Peck (The Wackness) is a music-lover, since his next project, Hearts of Men, is just as music-oriented as his last. "It’s a movie I read a year ago and fell in love with about three cats - one’s a white boy…, one’s a black gang member, one’s a latino. They all witness the latino’s brother’s murder…The thing that draws them together is that they are all in love with Tupac and his music."
• There are rumblings of a remake of the third film in the Korean retribution trilogy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.
• "Ugly Betty": Marc is rumored to be getting a new roommate who is already on the show. Some are speculating that its Christina, since Amanda is already mooching off of Betty.
• "Gossip Girl": Ausiello said "Serena will soon share something in common with Anne Hathaway." So does that mean her next boyfriend will be a future convict? He also said that Chuck's mom might be alive, which probably won't be good for Blair's self-esteem.
• "True Blood": There's no guarantee that Lafayette died, even though he died in the books.
• "Brothers & Sisters": Sex and the City's Jason Lewis will be returning to shake things up in Kevin's wedded bliss.