Sunday, April 12, 2009

Comic Adaptation: My Chemical Romance's "Umbrella Academy" & Zac Efron in "Full Metal Panic"


My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way is getting his comic book, The Umbrella Academy, adapted into a film. It's about a group of disbanded superheroes who reunite after the death of their adoptive father, an alien disguised as a wealthy entrepeneur. Mark Bomback (Constantine, Live Free or Die Hard, and Race to Witch Mountain) is adapting. Can't wait to see the cast they team up for this.


Since Zac Efron turned down the lead in Footloose so that he could diversify his resume, I don't see why he shouldn't sign on for the adaptation of the Japanese manga series Full Metal Panic. He'll play an anti-terrorist commando who has to protect a high school girl with mystical powers. I've never read it, but even I hope she's actually Japanese. But as long as she's not Vanessa Hudgens I'll be fine.

1 comment: