Monday, July 13, 2009

ALBUM REVIEW: Hannah Montana's Vol. 3 "He Could Be The One"


I don't normally listen to Hannah Montana's albums (Miley yes, Hannah no), since I don't watch the Disney series. But after sampling the third album, I discovered two tracks that weren't too hard to bear:

"Mixed Up"
It has a subdued country drawl to it with the right amount of pop to keep kids happy. But I like it because of how deep she digs for the emotion behind the song.


"He Could Be The One"
I actually can't stop playing this one. lol It reminds me of Faith Hill and Shania Twain when they get poppy, i.e. Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much" (1997). It's a nice summer song, and Cyrus did well to base an entire episode around it. (I didn't watch it, but I just found it on youtube in case you'd like to.)


"Don't Want to Be Torn"
The only other song I'd really recommend off the album is this emotional ballad about having to make a difficult decision, and wishing the choice she wants to make was the one her father, I believe, agreed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment