Thursday, September 10, 2009
EVENT: Fashion's Night Out in NYC!
Fashion Week starts today and it kicks off with the star-studded event, Fashion's Night Out! If you've heard about this everywhere but still don't know what it is, allow me to enlighten you. It's a charity event that encourages shoppers to spend spend spend from 7pm-10pm, so that the proceeds can benefit a specific cause. In the N-Y-C, most proceeds will go towards 9/11 charities, so get to spending. But if you're uber broke or you've already done your fall shopping, you can also enjoy free t-shirts, totes, food, cocktails, raffle drawings, designer meet-and-greets, photo-ops, wardrobe consultations, beauty makeovers, runway-walk tutorials, and, best of all, concerts. Here are just a few events I'd recommend attending:
• Ciara, The Misshapes, Gossip Girl's Taylor Momsen, supermodel Chanel Iman, and several other celebrities will be creating personalized looks for models to wear throughout the evening at this Versace location.
• America's Next Top Model's Miss J. will school you on how to walk the runway at this H&M location.
• Project Runway winner Christian Siriano will be giving a sneak peek at his new clothing and accessories line at this Payless location.
• Reality show fashion consultant Carson Kressley will be giving styling tips at this New York & Company location.
• Third Eye Blind will be performing at this Nine West location.
• Liev Schreiber (and a few other celebrities) will be hosting an event that celebrates the New York Academy of Art at this Ralph Lauren location.
For an entire list of participating New York retailers and event details, click here. If you live elsewhere, check out the other cities that are participating. And if you'd like to donate clothing to the NYC Aids Fund, here's a list of locations that are collecting gently-used items.
Stay tuned all week for my favorite looks of Spring 2010!