Tuesday, November 02, 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: Weezer's "Hurley"

I'm not a huge Weezer fan. I only just started liking them after downloading their 2005 single "Beverly Hills," which comes in handy when I'm feeling snarky and opposed to the Hollywood chaos that floods my TV. So I thought I'd give some of their newer work a try, and....they've got some pretty sick (good sick) lyrics! Download these for a good chuckle and a feel-good time:

P.S. Yes, that is Hurley a.k.a. Jorge Garcia from "Lost" on the cover of their album. Lead singer Rivers Cuomo liked the photo so much, he decided to make it the cover. That was either the best marketing scheme ever used or the nerdiest "Lost"-fan act ever recorded.

"Ruling Me"
The best line on this track is "When we first met / in the lunch room / my ocular nerve / went pop! zoom!" Now THAT's a compliment!


"Smart Girls"
It's just fun to scream/chant along to at a concert.


"Trainwrecks"
This one has fun lyrics with pop culture references.


"Unspoken"
I like the vengeful chorus and the mid-way rock-out at 2:05:

No comments:

Post a Comment