Sunday, December 26, 2010

TRAILER: Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana, & Cate Blanchett's "Hanna"

PLOT: A 14-year-old (Ronan) who was raised by her father (Bana) to be a cold-hearted killing machine connects with a French family who look to help ease her into a more conventional life.

CAST: Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones), Eric Bana, Cate Blanchett, Tom Hollander (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and In the Loop)

VERDICT: After seeing Kick-Ass this year, I'm all for more midget assassins. This one is way more dark and serious than that movie, but it's still filled with that girl power vibe, which I love. I'm very impressed with Ronan. I didn't think she could pull off vicious or calculated, but I clearly underestimated her. None of that is why I want to see the film though. It kind of looks like, near the end of the trailer, that Blanchett actually ordered Bana to train her to become an assassin and that this was all a test. That's not her father and she's not really her target. If so, then this has Bourne trilogy potential.

Release Date: April 8

No comments:

Post a Comment