Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TRAILER: Jason Statham, Clive Owen, & Robert De Niro's "Killer Elite"

Plot: When his mentor (De Niro) is taken captive, a retired member of Britain's Elite Special Air Service (Statham) is forced into action. His mission: kill three assassins dispatched by their cunning leader (Owen). [This isn't a remake of a 1975 film by the same name.]
Cast: Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Robert De Niro, Yvonne Strahovski ("Chuck"), Dominic Purcell ("Prison Break"), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Faster and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra), Grant Bowler ("True Blood" and "Ugly Betty")
Verdict: haha I had the funniest reaction when I watched this trailer. In the last five seconds, Statham blocks a kick and then rams a knife into his attacker's genitals, and for some reason a low groan came out of me as I said, "Oh nooo." I don't even have balls and I was frightened. Ok so my level excitement for this film grew exponential with every fastly-cut scene. It was at a 2 when I saw Statham. Statham is an automatic rental, or if it's really interesting theater-viewing, no matter what the film's topic. Then it went up to a 3 when I saw Clive Owen, rocking a Tom Selleck mustache and trying to throwdown with Statham. Then when I realized that Robert De Niro's role wasn't just a quickie cameo to lend the film street cred, it got amped up to a 6. I'll tell you when I was sold on the film: When I saw Yvonne Strahovski, who is obviously fully aware that she should start doing films before "Chuck" ends next year. I didn't even realize I liked her this much until I saw her in this movie, but apparently she's grown on me. The icing on the cake though is the trailer's song: The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane." It's an 80s classic that instantly reminds you of all those Sylvester Stallone, Steven Segal, and Bruce Willis action movies. This is a throwback with a heavy punch.

Release Date: September 23

No comments:

Post a Comment