So far we've learned that:
- there are two varieties of aliens: the Mechs (robots) and the Skitters (six-legged creatures)
- the mother ship left Earth
- the Mechs are rounding up the children and attaching what is referred to as harnesses to them, which will kill the child if removed
- there are factions of resistance in groups of 300 people: 100 soldiers guarding 200 civilians
- the soldiers are also in charge of gathering food and ammunition
- there are small rebel factions that rob from the resistance
The reason I'm tuning in next week is because there's still much more to uncover. I read somewhere that the harnesses aren't what they seem, and the season's promo insinuates that while it turns them into drones/puppets, it also cures them of their ailments. There's also the good point that one of the students made: If humans design things in their likeness, why wouldn't the aliens? What is the disconnect between the 6-legged Skitters and the 2-legged Mechs? And why did the alien they killed seem like it was trying to talk to them as it slowly died?