Monday, March 10, 2008

TV: "How I Met My Mother" + "Prison Break"

A couple of days ago, I learned that the producers of "Prison Break" plan on having a spinoff that takes place at a women's prison with a female lead. Now although Sofia would make for a beautiful starlet, and Susan B. would pose as a killer bad ass, as Mari Cruz would be an interesting twist, I would actually prefer it if they brought back Sara and by some twist of fate the company actually locked her up and hid her while faking her death. That would probably be the twist of all twists. However, the series tentatively titled "Prison Break: Cherry Hill," is actually about some new character they plan on introducing named Molly. She's an upper-middle-class wife who suffered a family tragedy concocted by the Company, and decided to find Michael and Linc in order to seek revenge. She gets caught and accepts her life sentence at a women's detention facility, until she is contacted by the government with information that some of her loved ones are alive. But if it doesn't get picked up, the character will just continue on "Prison Break." Sounds rather lame.

"How I Met My Mother" also has some majorly unsatisfying news. Since it's teetering on the edge of cancellation, despite the reboot of the hilarious Neil Patrick Harris' career as Barney, they've opted for stunt casting. Before the season was abruptly interrupted, Mandy Moore made a guest appearance and they've just booked Britney Spears to play a girl who works in Ted's doctor's office who behaves like "a female Michael Cera"--whatever that means. I have a feeling I'm going to be holding my breath until it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment