Wednesday, July 02, 2008

MUSIC: Tickle Me Pink's "Typical (Whore)"

I heard this Colorado-based band, Tickle Me Pink, when I was perusing AOL's Free Full CD Listening Parties, and I fell in love with the first track, "Typical."

Tickle Me Pink consists of Sean Kennedy (lead vocals, guitar, bass), Johnny Schou (bass, guitar, backup vocals), Stefan Runstrom (drums), and Steven Beck (guitar, vocals). They formed in 2005 and have since independently released two EPs, If Only We Were Twenty One And Up (2005) and Half Seas Over (2006), but their latest contribution to music history is Madeline. While I wasn't too keen on the entire album, I really liked "Typical," when Sean sings, "On the coldest night/in the darkest room/I will sleep alone/cause it's better than you/yeah, it's better than you/you can't play me like that/it's a matter of fact/you're nothing more than a typical whore/and i won't be your fool...anymore." I love the emotion behind his hatred for that poor unfortunate girl. Listen to the entire song:


No comments:

Post a Comment