Thursday, October 02, 2008

TV Topic: Niki's Twin on "Heroes"

Wow! I did not see that coming. I really thought Niki had another personality rumbling around in her head, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that not only is this new Niki lookalike her twin, but she's an experiment and we've just been introduced to her maker. This should be good. Tracy has political ambitions and no family ties. She also has a completely different power. Instead of super strength and a split personality, she can turn things to ice. And instead of being frightened of it and in denial, she's inquisitive and interested in learning more. She's Claire without parental restrictions.

Speaking of the cheerleader-turned-hero, she's on a journey to find others like her who are evil and...I don't know. She can't fight, which she acknowledged. She's easily intimidated and she's stubborn. I get that she can't die, but that's no reason to throw herself into harm's way. I say she go pick up Elle and they go on a journey together to find others like them to help them through their transition--kind of like the early stages of Xavier's private school in X-Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment