Thursday, April 08, 2010

FEATURED ARTIST: The Downtown Fiction

There isn't much info to be found about this self-described rock/pop/punk/powerpop band, but MTV says they cite influences ranging from Green Day to The Rolling Stones, and they sound like Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, and The All-American Rejects. I decided to check out their latest release Best I Never Had and their self-titled album, and found a few downloadable tracks to freshen up your playlists:

"Is anybody out there?"
It's one of those concert sing-a-long, screaming-in-your-car, and vent songs.


"I just want to run" (below) and "You Were Wrong" have great vocals (for a punk band).


"Best I Never Had"
I love the goading guitar on this:


For updates on shows and future releases, check out their Myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment